Looks like we have a by-week next week. We were trying to schedule Cypresswood but that didn’t work out. We also called HMR but they couldn’t get us out until 11:30. Raveneaux did say they could give us a block of tee times but not a shotgun start and their clubhouse is closed on Tuesday, so no lunch.
If one of you can get us a deal next week, I’ll gladly set it up on the website and get communications going. Just let me know. (Click here)
Woody’s graveside service is for immediate family. Our Amoco group is limited to 4 players for the reception. I had about nine of you respond that you’d like to go. Not sure what the right selection process is. I’ve withdrawn my name since I cannot attend inside group events. Here are four names I’m proposing, based on simply random selection. I’m open to changing.
Mike would like to give a preliminary number to Jackie at HMR on Saturday afternoon. They require more than 16 players for a shotgun start. Please sign up if you plan to play. Here’s the link.
Exciting news – I updated the page for the pairings coordinator with a video full of instructions on how to do the pairings. As with everything in these covid times the video is overdone with theme music and everything…enjoy. For those doing the pairings we can still do an instructional zoom call to go over the details personally.
Doug Godschalk is talking with Jersey Meadows about a group outing. Their Tuesdays are not available but Doug can get us out on a Wednesdays. Please contact Doug at email@example.com If you are interested in playing on OCT 28.
I’ve attached a spreadsheet with course information that I’ve been able to collect from our course coordinators.
(Cinco on the thirteenth).
Next Tuesday (the 13th) we have an outing at Cinco Ranch. Kelly Russel is coordinating this day and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kelly needs to let the course know by SATURDAY, so please let him know if you want to play.
Info on the course facilities:
- Masks are required in the clubhouse and may be removed only in the bar/dining areas
- Single rider carts are not available, however they may be able to accommodate a few players at and additional $10 charge.
- Threesomes are not permitted as a way of ensuring single carts
- There is no minimum number of players but the course needs a count by this Saturday.
- There can be a shotgun start if we get more than three groups
- Lunch facilities are open – Spaghetti buffet
- Outside dining can be arranged
Again, please let Kelly know if you want to play.
Current handicaps as of Oct 3, 2020
We’ve been sleeping a few months. Dan just sent out an email. See below:
Howdy ARGG Golfers.
What can I say about the past few months except I am glad they are behind me. The prospect of some slightly cooler weather and our scheduled outing at WindRose on Tuesday, September 22 has inspired me to attempt to put together a gathering in about two weeks. I am ready and the folks at WindRose (WGC) are standing by to entertain us with great golf and a the usual gourmet luncheon prepared by Chef Liz following the proposed match.
Items of note –
– The course is in great shape. I play most Thursdays. I thought the previous Superintendent Bryan was pretty good but the new guy, Scott, is looking like he will surpass his predecessor’s performance.
– Covid-19 safety measure are still in effect with mask required in the clubhouse area but optional while on the course. The WGC standard is two players to a cart BUT we will be playing threesomes so at least one golfer in a group will be in a solo cart. In addition, should we need additional carts to meet demand I am confident arrangements can be made with WGC management to accommodate us. DO NOT let concern about having a private cart sway your decision to play. I only ask that those of you who are fine with two man carts play your round with a cart partner.
– I am proposing that we allow all players who find their shot in a bunker to play their ball as it lies or removed from the trial and played from a spot no closer to the hole. To eliminate the possibility of spreading the virus, there are currently no rakes for the bunkers
– All players may elect to play either the Senior (yellow) or Forward (Red) tees. I am playing golf for fun and my game has been much more enjoyable since I moved forward. Its your choice. Lets have fun!
WHAT I NEED NOW
I have advised WGC to plan on a minimum of 12 ARGG golfers.Personally, I hope we have at least 20 (or more) decide to play. Would you please respond to me (click here) with an indication if 1) you plan to play and 2) Single cart required. A response by Sunday, September 13will be appreciated. More information will be furnished once I confirm we have enough interest to play.
I hope all of you are doing well. Have really missed our group and anxious to get back together.
All my best.
We had a meeting today and decided to put a pause on our formal attempts at weekly group golf through September when we will re-evaluate what we do. We’re asking course coordinators to notify our courses on the schedule. I’ve removed our schedule and registration links.
This doesn’t mean we are giving up golf!
Our plan is to cease group golf but make it easy for anyone who gets a tee time and wants some company to put together a group (or groups) on their own. This does not have to be “Tuesday” golf. Any course any where any time. Use this short list. There is no formal registration process, nor pairings coordination, just person to person contact via this list. members on the list have received a list of individual emails which I won’t post here online due to security issues.
I have modified the players@playgolftuesday list to include only members that I’ve seen playing this past nine months or so. I sent out an email to people on that list (35) this afternoon, so if you got that email, you know you are on this list. If you did not get the email and want to be included, please let me know. If you want to be removed from that short list, also let me know.
We continue to maintain the previous big list and will continue maintaining and communicating to the entire group through our website posts and email blasts. We fully intend to come out and reform the group as soon as we can do so safely.
Please, if you really want to play, and are not contacted, let me (email@example.com) know and I’ll do my best to see if we can get you paired up to play somewhere. Lets pull together on this, and stay safe.